[NAFEX] heritage peach tree preservation

Lon J. Rombough lonrom at hevanet.com
Mon Jul 10 17:21:45 EDT 2006

If you want to preserve the varieties, this is probably a good time to
collect budwood.  If there are any useable shoots on the trees now, see
if you can find a nurseryman with peach rootstock available to bud a
number of the trees.   The new trees could be planted in a better
location, and would insure plenty of propagation stock for future use.
-Lon Rombough
"Best Talent in Writing" award for 2003.