[NAFEX] Alder bark germination stimulator

K Q kumquat at operamail.com
Tue Apr 25 10:50:59 EDT 2006

Mr. Paradice:

I see that in part IV subsection B there is referenced "Section 408(b)(2)(D)(v)" which is erroneous. It should read "Section 408(b)(2)(D)(viii)". The rest of the Action Summary seems to be as described and not just a pile of bloat. Wouldn't you agree?

BTW, they are referencing alder bark that has been dried and ground into a powder or flour form.  Personally, I would not bother trying to grow seeds that needed something from Alder bark in order to germinate. Too much trouble. Powdered root of 4000 year-old bristle cone pine works just as well, but eye of newt is much easier to obtain.

Or consider an alcohol, petroleum ether, or acetone extract of said bark powder. Dangerous though.

Resist cutting more trees down.

Thanks for your time.

Kenneth Quattlebaum