[NAFEX] Rubus phoenicolasius

Pat Meadows pat at meadows.pair.com
Sat Apr 22 15:12:31 EDT 2006

On Sat, 22 Apr 2006 12:44:33 -0400, you wrote:

>http://www.nps.gov/plants/alien/fact/ruph1.htm
>
>If I  keep it under control in my yard, I'm sure birds will spread it
>elsewhere.   If I try to eradicate it I will have to deal with it also
>in the patch of muck next to my property. I'm leaning toward the
>eradication, having seen what multiflora rose has done around
>here---which is NW Connecticut.
>
>Anyone have any experience with this berry?

We had lots of it when we lived in northern NJ.  I picked
the berries and ate them.  Very nice.

It tended to spread, and had very long canes.  When we
allowed it to, it formed a fairly dense thicket.  Cutting
the grass kept it under control in the lawn area, though.

I don't know what else to say about it.

Pat
--
Gardening in northern Pennsylvania.

Eat local food, change the world for the better!