[NAFEX] vitamin B-1 how apply?

Charles Paradise machelp at attglobal.net
Mon Apr 3 15:59:07 EDT 2006

The only form of vitamin B-1 I have here now is 100mg capsules filled with
powder, an M.D. Put my on them years ago, she still takes one each morning.

I'll be transplanting 5 one-year mulberries tomorrow and would like to
minimize their shock...so I ask if blending this powder with water might be
OK.

I do have a little kelp powder and I understand seaweed's most effective
practical use is reducing transplant shock.
Charlie Paradise  z5 Massachusetts
    Here in Minnesota, and perhaps a few other states, nursery people don't
seem to know what vitamin B-1 might be used for in the plant world.  When I
lived in California, it could be found on most any reputable nurseryman's
shelf.  Vitamin B-1 is used to prevent/treat plant shock.  I, personally,
have had about an eighty percent success rate with it and highly recommend
it to anyone who transplants or moves plants.  For those who can't find
Vitamin B-1, I have used a product called 'Superthrive" with equal success.
I've seen Superthrive listed in Mellingers' and other catalogs.

Jim Fruth
Pequot Lakes, MN