[NAFEX] Substitute for Surround

Thomas Olenio tolenio at sentex.net
Tue May 17 07:45:20 EDT 2005

On Mon, 16 May 2005 17:38:03 EDT, <Dale3693 at aol.com> wrote:

> Here's a wild one----A friend who lives away up a canyon in Western
> Colorado asked me  if I thought one could spray on a thick solution of
> powdered milk

Hello,

If it stays on the leaves it would start breaking down, and create an acid
surface, deterring fungus.  Milk is often sprayed on roses to change to
PH, making surfaces acidic, and keeping black spot at bay.

Milk is also used to encourage lichen growth on new stonework, making it
look old.

I imagine that a "sticker" should be added to hold the milk on the leaves.

Not a bad experiment.

Later,
Tom