[NAFEX] Killing Poison Ivy Organically/off topic

tanis cuff tanistanis at hotmail.com
Sun May 1 12:05:13 EDT 2005

Grazing questions-- getting off-topic (thank for your indulgence):

2 goats, one acre, one month.  Hmm.  Does anyone know whether the poison ivy
would have rebounded if hogs had NOT been pastured next?  Or what the result
would be from a higher stocking rate of goats, but a rotational grazing
system for an entire summer?  Does anyone know if scots highland cattle
preferentially browse poison ivy?  I have an area I'd like to clear of most
of its p.ivy and slow down the autumn olive and carve some trails thru the
brambles.  (It's a 5-acre patch with 4 apple trees & a couple amelanchiers,
and with all those autumn olive to explore maybe I'm on-topic after all.)