[NAFEX] Saskatoons & Evans

Lucky Pittman lucky.pittman at murraystate.edu
Sun Mar 27 13:57:52 EST 2005

I've got a number of saskatoons - most were tissue-cultured selections from
St. Lawrence Nurseries in Potsdam NY, but like Naomi, I started out with
some of the Timm & Success seedlings from the now-defunct Bear Creek
Nursery, and those have been the heaviest producers - and best fruit - of
any I've grown.
Also have a Bali/Evans tree(TC from SLN) that's been in the ground here in
KY since probably '96.  Has done OK, but in my experience, has not been as
productive here as the old standby Montmorency.  The Bali is an own-rooted
specimen, and periodically sends up suckers some distance away from the
main plant, many of which I've dug and shared with friends who wanted to
try it.

Lucky Pittman
USDA Cold Zone 6
AHS Heat Zone 7