[NAFEX] aluminum and granite dust!

kieran or donna redherring at tnaccess.com
Fri Mar 11 19:54:27 EST 2005

Charles,  You were right!  They used to use the Black Diamond but had to
change, it made too much dust.  Not only does OSHA frown on it for
employees, but as this biz is right in town, they apparently had to think
about neighbors as well.  Turns out the stuff I've been getting is aobut 50%
aluminum oxide!  Horrors!!!  The only good thing I can say about it is that
at least we've brought the pH up enough that the aluminum won't leach too
badly into the soil, not in my lifetime anyway.  Needless to say, I'll be
researching on aluminum oxide next week.  Supposedly some places are still
using the Black Diamond, I'll have to ask around.    Donna