[NAFEX] Apple varities

Charles Paradise machelp at attglobal.net
Wed Mar 9 15:36:44 EST 2005

wolf river - bad idea - poor soft quality - only virtue is large - a good large apple is 20 oz pippen, avail. from worcester county horticultural society.

arkansas black - bad idea - keeps like rocks and about as edible.

Braeburn - why? - I wasn't aware it had quality.

Gala - great tree but sickeningly sweet - you like really sweet apples?

esop. spitz - good taste but a little dry - better apples exist like westfield seek-no-further - why not go for the best?

Charlie Paradise Massachusetts