[NAFEX] Best keeping apples?

Lon J. Rombough lonrom at hevanet.com
Fri Jul 8 19:48:32 EDT 2005

Garfield Shults, Homedale, ID. has developed an apple called Coconut
Crunch that is extremely long keeping.  They are still in prime
condition when the new crop comes in, and from what I've seen, might
keep as long as the Hambledon Deux Ans.  I haven't tasted that many
yet, but they really do have a coconut-like aftertaste.
-Lon Rombough
"Best Talent in Writing" award for 2003.