[NAFEX] Best keeping apples?

Charles Paradise machelp at attglobal.net
Thu Jul 7 14:50:55 EDT 2005

There are NAFEX members who keep databases about apple characteristics.

Since I was interested in tart apples,
I acquired a list of tart apples that would keep in root cellar till spring
and this is the list I compiled:

Tart apples that can keep in root cellar:  Akin, Carpentin, Collins, Cooper Market, Lawver, Monmouth Pippen, Ontario, Salome, Scott Winter, Sturmer Pippen, and Yellow Bellflower.

If anyone has experience with these varieties, especially keeping in root cellar, I'm sure Jim and I at least would both be interested in hearing.

Charlie Paradise z5/Mass.