[NAFEX] Dying Montmorency.

Jwlehman at aol.com Jwlehman at aol.com
Mon Jul 4 09:25:04 EDT 2005

In a message dated 7/2/2005 8:21:23 AM US Eastern Standard Time,
redherring at tnaccess.com writes:

> The only tree I was absolutely sure was Montmorency was one a nursery
> property, I was really impressed by the larger fruit, but then the tree died.

In the thirty-four years I have lived here (IN, zone 5b) I've had several
Montmorency sour cherry trees. They all lived not more than 10 years. Bore great
fruit but fungus gets in the wood, declines and dies. Is this true for all the
sour cherries? Is there another cultivar more resistant to fungal infections?
 This one is in it's last year and will want another. Falling over but had a
fine crop.

Jerry L, 5b