[NAFEX] mangosteens and blood oranges and metaphors, oh my

Stephen Sadler Docshiva at Docshiva.org
Mon Feb 14 15:48:53 EST 2005

Diane,

Yes, I believe mangosteens would require greenhouse conditions here.  I was
referring to them as metaphor; or, possibly, I was referring to the canned
mangosteens I buy locally; or possibly the fresh ones I can sometimes find
in Southern CA (illegally imported), or possibly up where you are, the land
of less-restrictive-fruit-import-laws.  I have heard rumors that there are
oriental fruit markets in Vancouver and back east in Toronto that have them.
I suppose I should have said my handbasket was filled with blood oranges and
vintage apples, but then - how does one compare apples and oranges?  It
comes so quickly back to metaphor.

Cheers,

Stephen Sadler, Ph.D.

USDA 9, AHS heat zone 8,

Sacramento CA - Mediterranean climate

PS - I'd love to hear some about your time in Borneo.  Lest the topic police
catch wind, feel free to e me at Docshiva at Docshiva.org...

  _____