[NAFEX] What's your opinion on these?

Erdman, Jim ErdmanJ at uwstout.edu
Tue Aug 23 12:59:29 EDT 2005

Around here, in Western Wisconsin, the only variety on the list that I have found grown locally is the Honeycrisp, and we like it.  CRISP and juicy and sweet.  I usually like a tarter apple, like Haralson, but we have been buying a bushel of Honeycrisp in season (until our tree starts to bear), and we eat them fast enough that we have no direct knowledge of how long they might store.

I understand, though, that they are quite particular in the climate that they need to grow them well, sort of like McIntosh I suppose, in that they might not be anything special in some parts of the country.

Jim Erdman, In Menomonie, WI