[NAFEX] Grape Arbor

Lon J. Rombough lonrom at hevanet.com
Fri Aug 5 19:29:18 EDT 2005

Increased sun on the fruit apparently enhances/alters the metabolism of
the berries. I've seen St. Croix without leaf pulling that wouldn't get
much over 17 Brix and the wine had a weedy taste.  When leaves were
removed just from around the fruit to allow sun on it during ripening,
the sugar levels increased to 20 and 21 Brix  and the wine had a much
more fruity character.
-Lon Rombough
"Best Talent in Writing" award for 2003.