[NAFEX] Alternative pollinators

athagan at atlantic.net athagan at atlantic.net
Tue Aug 2 12:08:30 EDT 2005

The mason bee discussion has me wondering how many of you all see
non-honeybee pollinators on your fruit plants and their relative
importance to your overall pollination?

I know this year were it not for my local native bumblebees and
southeastern blueberry bees I'd have seen very little pollination at
all.  Since the weather first warmed this year I haven't seen more
than a handful of honeybees.

My Seminole pumpkins are still blossoming and the bumblebees will be
in every new blossom as soon as it's light enough to see.

.....Alan.