[NAFEX] Gravenstein

Lon Rombough lonrom at hevanet.com
Sat Nov 13 20:40:26 EST 2004

I suppose it depends on where you grow it.  Here in the Pacific NW it
has been a favorite for decades.  I've never had any particular
problems with it other than the fact that it's extremely vigorous.  On
M7 it's a bigger tree than something like Golden Delicious on standard
rootstock.  It's about the first apple to bloom, but it has a long
enough bloom period that it's an extremely rare year that my tree
doesn't have at least enough for the family.  It gets some mildew, and
there will be a speck of scab here and there, but most of the fruit is
usually sound without spray.
-Lon Rombough
"Best Talent in Writing" award for 2003.