[NAFEX] persimmon seeds

philip sauber mrtejas at lycos.com
Sat Nov 13 10:02:23 EST 2004

If your fruit was an oriental persimmon and it had no seeds it means no male flowers were around.
I have a dozen or so oriental persimmons and had a branch of chocolate persimmon that has male
flowers.  This resulted in all my persimmons having abundant seeds.  I have since cut off that limb.
The seeds are about the size of watermelon seeds.  You would want the rootstock to be D virginiana.
Those fruit are very much smaller than any oriental persimmon.  Without male flowers, oriental persimmons have
no seeds.
phil