[NAFEX] balsor blackberry

Gord Hawkes mail at logcabinorchard.com
Sun May 23 09:00:26 EDT 2004

Greetings all.  Quite some time ago I enquired with the list about anyone's
experience with Balsor blackberries.  Unfortunately no one seemed to have
any experience.  We planted a hundred last spring (2003)next to a row of
Illini.  Much to our surprise and delight we had great survival rate, many
suckers and exceptional leafing out on canes vs the illini which died back
to the ground.  Our late January temps this year were -35 Celsius.  We're
anxious to assess the fruit quality this year and will post our results.
The only source of Balsor that we were able to locate was C.O.Keddy Nursery
Inc. 982 North Bishop Road, Kentville, Nova Scotia B4N 3V7 Tel:
902-678-4497, Fax 902- 678-0067

Regards,

Gord Hawkes
Log Cabin Orchard