[NAFEX] Edible Honeysuckle

Lon J. Rombough lonrom at hevanet.com
Thu May 20 23:57:18 EDT 2004

It's a nice thought, but I don't know how it would go over.  I think the
first thing would be to get a list of those who would want to participate.
It would either take a good number of them, or a few willing to chip in a
fair amount.  There is a lot more to the story and I hope to get it written
up.  I took photos today, though not as many as I'd have liked as most of
the fruit was gone and I was limited for time besides.
-Lon Rombough

LON:

What about some sort of deal where we that are interested in her
releases could subscribe to them ahead of time?  This, by the way,  is
an amazing story, hopefully someone will do a more complete reporting
about her work & researches with photos for those of us who are a long
ways away.

On Thursday, May 20, 2004, at 09:49 PM, Lon J. Rombough wrote:

>    A few days ago I mentioned a breeder of edible honeysuckle, but
> didn't
> give any particulars.  Today I visited Dr. Maxine Thompson, the
> breeder in
> question, and got a good look at her work.

I have a couple edible honeysuckle from Hidden Springs. They're alive &
growing but no real sign of vigor.  I'm thinking of giving them a good
treatment of manure & compost, layer of heavy mulch --

mIEKAL