[NAFEX] Jujube seed

England's Orchard and Nursery nuttrees at prtcnet.org
Thu Jan 22 05:08:29 EST 2004

    I have received 1 pound of purchased ZIZIPHUS jujube (Common Name: Chinese Date  Source: India,) resonantly.  These Jujube seed that I ordered from a reputable seed company.  BUT! these seed Is much larger 3 times as much, with a shape that I am unfamiliar with, and many of the seed is larger than most of the fruit I have eaten.
      I Lived in Korea for 4 year and observed many ZIZIPHUS jujube growing wild and in domesticated setting and I have never seed seed this large.  I know there is 3 species of ZIZIPHUS.  One native to India and Africa (Ziziphus Spinoza) both tropical.   Has any one got and reference on these seed so that I may know more about this type. Can these seed be used an root stock?  Will these seed be graft compatible with ZIZIPHUS jujube?  Is there a more common root stock that I have been missing.

Clifford England

                         England's Orchard and Nursery
  316 S.R. 2004    McKee, Kentucky 40447     pH.  606 965 2228  / 2270
                Specializing in exotic fruit and nut trees for alternative crops.
Chestnuts, Hazelnuts, Pecans, Walnut, Heartnuts, Hickories, Jujube, Persimmon and more
                       Planting the seed (nut trees) for the future.
     on the web   www.nuttrees.net  /  www.nut-tree-nursery.com   e-mail us   nuttrees at prtcnet.org