[NAFEX] Re: nafex Digest, Vol 12, Issue 28

Jason MacArthur rotread at localnet.com
Mon Jan 19 17:00:33 EST 2004

Regarding the veneer/whip and tongue graft(Fackler, NAFEX digest Vol.
12 issue 25) or the splice graft(Barret/Webber NAFEX digest vol. 12
issue 14), described below, does this graft involve merely pulling back
the bark, as I understand is done in a veneer graft(Garner), or do you
actually cut a facet into the wood roughly the width of the whip cut on
the scionwood? Why is the cut on the stock shorter than the cut on the
whip?  Sorry to be so dense, but I'm having a hard time grasping this.
Thank you all, Jason MacArthur