[NAFEX] Ultimate Cooking Apple

baylands baylands at cros.net
Sun Feb 29 21:37:08 EST 2004

My wife and I enjoy blending various apples when making pies, sauce or apple
crisp ---- the same as blending for good cider. Most of the antique apples
are good cooking apples. Some we use are: Rambo, Haralson, Arkansas Black,
Golden Russet, Roxbury Russet, York, Red Yorking, Northwest Greening among
others. We also like to use a sweet apple like Golden Delicious as a base
for the more flavorful varieties.

Ro Chapman

The Baylands

Port Clinton, OH