[NAFEX] Rubus parviflorus

Jim Fruth jfruth at uslink.net
Mon Aug 23 08:08:55 EDT 2004

    My experience with Rubus parviflorus (Thimble Berry) Is that it grows like Quack Grass (Agropyron repens), has the persistance of Horse Radish and is relatively immune to Round UP™.  It does have pretty white flowers but it aborts alot of its fruit.
    I planted it because of its shade tolerance in a spot that gets only filtered sunlight and it took me five years to get rid of it.  I have since replaced it with a blackberry.  At least the blackberry can be counted on to produce a crop.

Jim Fruth
Pequot Lakes, MN