[NAFEX] walnuts versus squirrels

Charles Paradise machelp at attglobal.net
Sun Aug 8 15:35:10 EDT 2004

Mark,
For tasting purposes - to taste your first crop - you can take a piece of aluminum window screen, bend it to fit around a cluster of nuts, then use an ordinary office stapler to staple it around it.

It won't save the full crop, but it'll enable you to taste the walnut, so you know what the walnut tastes like when fully ripened.

I have a shagbark hickory planted 1984 been bearing for 3 or more years still haven't tasted because never did what i just told you to do.  But I'm going outside right now with the stapler and I'm going to do it.
Charlie Paradise
a Massachusetts filled with squirrels