[NAFEX] Making our own pectin

Lon J. Rombough lonrom at hevanet.com
Sat May 31 10:05:53 EDT 2003

For really high pectin production, try quinces.  I've soaked about a dozen
quince seeds in a teacup of water and had the water turn thick, like syrup
from the pectin.  Dry quince seed is even sold in Middle Eastern grocery
stores for the purpose.
Otherwise, the peeling and cores of apples have the most pectin.