[NAFEX] Lye for stumps?

lee sharp sharplr at yahoo.com
Sun May 25 14:44:07 EDT 2003

To expedite decay of stumps coat the surface with
ammonium nitrate fertilize( 33-0-0) about three times
during the course of the late spring and summer and by
mid winter you can take a mall and tap the stump and
it will fall apart. Drilling holes in stump top would
help. Works great for hardwood but would probably not
help with "heart pine" type stump.