[NAFEX] Burnt Ridge Apricot (was: Pacific Tree Farms)

list at ginda.us list at ginda.us
Mon May 12 22:29:41 EDT 2003

I'm sorry to hear that.  I just had a good experience with Burnt Ridge.
  I bought an apricot tree.  I got one last year as a present for a
friend, and this year, when it flowered (60 blossoms) and my apples
still didn't, I was so jealous that I called Burnt Ridge and ordered
one for my yard.  Whoever took my order was pleasant and helpful.

It arrived a little later than promised, in a crushed box that was left
upside down on my front steps.  As far as I can determine, all these
were the fault of UPS.  The tree itself was in good condition, being
protected by a stout bamboo pole.  The buds just barely show green - I
think it was fully dormant when sent.

Of course, there's still time for something to go wrong.  It could be
the wrong plant, or it could have some hidden disease.  But so far, all
looks well.

By the way, the instructions say that apricots should be pruned the
first year after they begin to grow.  Anyone know how much and in what
way?

Thanks,
Ginda