[NAFEX] Kaki Persimmon Shedding Fruit

Bob Kelly Bkelly66 at bellsouth.net
Mon May 12 09:47:00 EDT 2003

I have a very nice, 5 - 6 year-old 'Great Wall' kaki persimmon, which every year blooms and puts on a crop.  However in all but one of the last 5 years it has shed the entire crop--usually over a few days time.  One year it was in mid June when they were 2.5 to 3" in diameter.  This year they were nickel-sized.  Following this past week's rains, they are all gone.

My Meader native persimmon is still loaded.

Can anyone offer a suggestion for me as to what is wrong and what I need to do?

Bob Kelly
Aberdeen, MS Zone 7b