[NAFEX] Fruit trees for timber

tanis cuff tanistanis at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 13 17:11:04 EST 2003

Black locust: chances are your neighbor's grove will eventually invade your
property, so don't invest too much in new trees of your own.  Except maybe
for genetic diversity.  BL are GREAT firewood, and the blossoms are good bee
forage.  And I hear unsubstantiated rumors that there is a growing demand
for BL lumber...

Tanis (closer to Madison, WI than Minneapolis, MN)