[NAFEX] Pomona in PDF

Lon J. Rombough lonrom at hevanet.com
Sun Mar 2 23:42:08 EST 2003

It would save a lot of time if everyone just went to the archives and read
all the letters on putting POMONA in electronic format that have been done
before.  I believe the conclusion the last time was that the software needed
to put Pomona in PDF is expensive and would require extra help and hardware
to implement.  The end result is that it's still cheaper to put out Pomona
in printed version than the cost of going to electronic version.  The only
alternative would be if some rich idle person on the list was to get the
print ready files and convert and mail them on their own computer.
-Lon Rombough

Personally, I am not a fan of PDF. If they would set it up as a series of
E-Books, then anybody with the e-book could search for pertinent information
very easily. And each person could burn a CD if that's what they wanted.
Would
be more useful for reference that way.

Joyce