[NAFEX] Question on Grafting

George R georger at rogers.com
Sat Apr 26 00:22:05 EDT 2003

I grafted few of my fruit trees and waiting to see whether they were taken. I have the rest of the dormant budsticks in the refrigerator. I want to use them if any of those grafts are not taken. What is the best way to do it after the dormant period? As I understand I can't do T-budding, it
needs current year's growth. I think Chip budding is possible. I read somewhere I can do T-budding in June for Peach.

How long I can keep these budsticks?
When is the right time to do?
Which is the right method for grafting with dormant sticks at that time?

I did on apple, pears, peach, apricot and plums (Japanese and european)

Thanks
George