[NAFEX] Nipped in the Bud?

Jim Cooper JCooper at lewiston.k12.id.us
Mon Apr 7 13:17:02 EDT 2003

Here in Idaho we have the peach in full bloom and had two nights of cool
27 F and one heavy frost. But I do not think it has hurt them yet.
Last year we did get some damage this time of year at 16 F after the
apricot had bloomed and the fruit was set then it damaged and we had no
apricots. But the peach did great we were almost to bloom and no
problem.
Jim
Idaho
Zone 6

>>> dford at suffolk.lib.ny.us 04/07/03 09:09AM >>>
Dear Folks,
        Here on Long Island the daffodils are out in force, and a peach
tree
I grew from a pit in the compost is ready to bloom extravagantly for
the
first time. The flowers are not open but definitely are just shy of
it,
resembling pink pussywillows. So, of course, this morning we are in
the
midst of a freak snowstorm, temperature 30o. Does this mean the peach
flowers are done for?    dylan

Most questions can be answered here: