[NAFEX] pear questions

marillen at earthlink.net marillen at earthlink.net
Sat Apr 5 12:47:33 EST 2003

It might, or it might not.  It depends on the cause of the hard spots.  If the cause is viral or nutritional (calcium deficiency, for instance), the problem will likely show up in the scion cultivars as well.  If is something else, the scion variety may escape or suffer reduced injury.

Maybe not too helpful, but some things could be addressed to reduce their possible influence, like calcium sprays.  I guess it's worth a try to at least topwork part of the tree and see what happens.

Anton