[NAFEX] ribes tasting

Ribes60 at aol.com Ribes60 at aol.com
Mon Jun 17 09:17:49 EDT 2002

The "Open House" will be Saturday, the 6th of July (the first Saturday after
the 4th). We will meet at the Village Icecream Parlour and Restaurant, just
north of Northumberland, on Rt 11. There is a large red and white sign. We
meet at noon and proceed to the farm at 12:30 - the farm is about 4.5 miles
from there.

There is indeed a very heavy crop of gooseberries and currants but also a
heavy crop of mildew, it has rained so much - so often in the past two weeks
That I have not been able to keep up with it. It sure shows what is resistant
and what is not. The grass and weeds are also growing at a fantastic rate.

Hope to see you there. If there are others that would like to attend, please
come - drop me an Email if you can, I would like to have an idea of how many
will attend.

Ed Mashburn
Northumberland BerryWorks
707 Front Street