[NAFEX] peduncle - Italian Apples

Thomas Olenio tolenio at sentex.net
Tue Jun 4 13:04:23 EDT 2002

Hi,

This is the second Italian apple that I know of that has a short peduncle
(stem).  Although the picture you sent seems to have an average stem.

The other is the Court Pendu Plat that is almost peach-like in habit,
because the fruit stem is so short, and the fruit close to the branch.

Are there many apple varieties with this short peduncle (stem), or is it
confined to the more ancient apples of Europe?

Thanks,
Tom

--
Southwest Ontario