[NAFEX] borers:peach

Charles Paradise machelp at attglobal.net
Fri Jul 26 12:16:44 EDT 2002

A few words about peach trees and borers:

First of all, peach trees do NOT last forever.  They don't live long like apples.
Plan on planting at least one peach tree, every year.  Keep planting them, because you will have peach tree losses, no matter WHAT you treat your peach trees with.  You simply can't stop peach trees from now and then one year or another finding a blank spot in your orchard.  I have fifteen year old peach trees;  I have none that are 20.

Planting a peach tree is better exercise than swabbing a tree trunk with a poison.

Charlie Paradise
peach tree grower all 45 of his years. FL/VA/OH/now Massachusetts zone 5