[nafex] Grafting/Time to fruiting

del stubbs pinewoodel at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 2 16:33:20 EDT 2001

My new understanding is that the first question is whether it is used as a
verticle terminal bud   or horizontal topworking

I have wondered if it isn't worth it to try grafting with 2 or 3 year old
wood for this purpose, but perhaps any advance on maturity would be canceled
by weakness in the graft union due to its youth? Mn Del

>From: Thomas Olenio <tolenio at sentex.net>
>Do all grafts of scions from mature trees, regardless of rootstock used,
>speed the rate of fruiting of the new grafted tree?

FREE COLLEGE MONEY
CLICK HERE to search
600,000 scholarships!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Pv4pGD/4m7CAA/ySSFAA/VAOolB/TM