[nafex] Re: Raspberries...melons

H.Dessureault inter.verbis at atreide.net
Thu May 31 20:41:29 EDT 2001

When I first started my garden the pH was too low and many plants were not growing to their potential, and many were diseased. It was obvious that the soil was acidic from the type of weeds growing around. I added dolomite, which I had bought a truckload of as this particular dolomite from this particular quarry was highly recommended for fruit trees because of its high magnesium content.
The cabbages have been growing well ever since as well as most garden vegetable.
The pH is often disregarded but it is very important.
Hélène