[nafex] I need some thoughts

Gianni GIANNI-2 at prodigy.net
Tue May 22 11:18:27 EDT 2001

Hi Fluffy:

A couple of ideas stand out to me if you could indulge me...
If you are endeavoring poles that are strait and able to withstand the elements, try arborvitae
or red cedar. Del is right, Ironwoods are like steel and shoot up pretty quick from seed.
Maybe white ash, the baseball bat stock, but not known for resistance to the elements but very hard.
Red cedar will grow to 8 ft from a seedling in as little as 3 to 4 yrs depending on conditions.
Arborvitae although soft (Wood used in pencil production) will fend and ward off the elements for some
time without any treatment.
If I could ask, what is your intent with this in order to better formulate an answer for you? Do you want
the tree/s in question to be growing to be used in your plan or an arbor or trellis.

Best of growing,
~Gianni