[nafex] mistletoe burl?

del stubbs pinewoodel at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 28 13:11:17 EST 2001

Just a note, when I lived in N. Calif the local walnuts (juglans hindsii)
were often affected by it to the extent that folk would hire tree surgeons
to cut out branches made huge by it. A boon for me at the time because the
distended branches (up to 2' in dia) were a rare figure I called mistletoe
burl, and made some beautiful woodwork with it. The thousands of roots
forming a burl-like figure. Del

Del Stubbs

ag zone 2/3

Pinewood Forge