[nafex] Overwintering fig question

edforest55 at hotmail.com edforest55 at hotmail.com
Sat Sep 23 08:38:33 EDT 2000

Free @Backup service!  Click here for your free trial of @Backup.
@Backup is the most convenient way to securely protect and access
your files online.  Try it now and receive 300 MyPoints.
http://click.egroups.com/1/6348/15/_/423498/_/969712719/

Can anyone help this person? (I would ask him to post it himself to
Nafex but I don't know how to tell him to access our group) Thanks!

I have a brown turkey fig tree which is 5 years old. I live in New
Jersey which has a temperate climate. Every fall, I cover the tree
with burlap and fill the interior with leaves. When I uncover the
tree in late May, the branches are dead and new branches begin to
grow from the bottom. These get to be 5 0r 6' in height and two of
them (out of five or six) sprout about a dozen figs. These grow to a
decent size and then stop and never ripen. Then the winter arrives
and I start all over again. Am I doing something wrong? Help!