[nafex] edible honeysuckles

GIANNI-2 GIANNI-2 at prodigy.net
Fri Dec 22 23:51:00 EST 2000

Scott & Lon:

I received Lonicera caerulea (edible honeysuckle) L. CAPRIFOLIACEAE, this season from Corvallis,
Var. Tomichka. They had 2 other varieties available but from the descriptions I was not sure if the
others may have had any success in my zone so I opted for the more heartier Tomichka.
Sadly, the cuttings I received rooted but never took off and died late in the season. I have requested
more, but now I'm wondering with the flat spider mite and whether it has inundated all of Corvallis's
accessions/stocks?
I was intrigued to see an edible honeysuckle and had hoped it caught with the intent to see what it
was actually like.
Now I'm wondering if perhaps hand pollination being so early may help the scantiness of the crop??

Best wishes,
Gianni
S. NH Z-5/6