[nafex] flat scarlet mite

GIANNI-2 GIANNI-2 at prodigy.net
Thu Dec 21 13:53:46 EST 2000

Now I think I know what was working on all the fragaria accessions I received from
Corvallis this summer.
Fortunately this is a seperate growing area from my usual. I did notice that some sort
of mite or pest was sucking nutrients from leaves as evidenced by a mite infestation
but I thought this had been contracted by the common red spider mite....
Neem oil spray is an organic remedy that I will use come spring.
Adrien, will the  flat mite be killed off in a normal New England (NH-Z-5/6) winter?
Any known treatments available?
Thanks very much for the notification...
Best wishes,
Gianni