[MSAR] MSAR units web directory

Mjacksonz at aol.com Mjacksonz at aol.com
Mon Jan 25 00:23:54 EST 2010

Una, your last e-mail asked  what is new with  MSAR groups. This  is to
update you, my last e-mail was in the fall of 2009.
Yesterday our Morgan County MSAR group certified  15 volunteers in  Health
Care Provider CPR. We will follow up in Feb with First Aid Training.  We
have designated the 2nd Saturday of the month as our MSAR training dates and
have found trainers for  despookig, obstacle, mock search, compass, GPS,
radio and other specialties we need to become proficient in.
We are under the direction and protection of our County  Fire District.
They cover training costs, insurance and the technology we will  need. At this
time we are very comfortable in this relationship  but life experience has
taught me that we both will need to  review it yearly.
We live in Central Missouri and our riders are a very competent outdoor
people, each of them have spent time and effort into preparing and  purchasing
the equipment they will need for MSAR. Each rider is prepared to  serve in
base support or as a ground pounder if needed. We have a logo  and our
guideline manual is being processed, we organized in November of  2009 and are
clarifying guidelines as we go.

The simple fact is that yesterday 15 people in our county were CPR
certified and this is a great asset to our community.  One of those  trained
yesterday may save a life at Walmart!  Who knows  where knowledge will be used. I
believe that this is the strength of MSAR  and SAR - it is not always the
big search but the private personal knowledge  that gives back and keeps on
giving.

Thanks to all of you who have experience and are willing to guide  us.
 Mary Jo Jackson Morgan CO MSAR
Versailles, MO