[Lyceum-users] How to direct user to dashboard instead of their on user account page

Liu Xuefeng xfliu.math at gmail.com
Thu Aug 16 22:10:25 EDT 2007

On 8/17/07, John Joseph Bachir <jjb at ibiblio.org> wrote:

> On Thu, 16 Aug 2007, bai.xiaoyu at gmail.com wrote:
>
> >> How to direct user to dashboard instead of their on user account page
> after
> > logging in?
> >
> >> The seems to be the number 1 request from my lyceum site user base.
>
> >  But with lyceum, each user canhas role in more than one blog,
> > therefore, there's no way lyceum can know which one to direct.
>
> This is DEFINITELY a part of the user experience that I want to improve.
> The only question is what should the users see? some sort of simple list
> of the blogs they have access to? And if they are only on one blog, go
> straight to that dashboard?

Maybe we can let users go to the "default " blog, but it seems to be
necessary to update the database structure.

Anyway, we can show  a list of blogs and some favorite links such like
"write a post".

BTW.
By now, it seems that Lyceum can not let users has a photo o f portrait  on
homepage. Do you want to update this ?

--
> John Bachir
> http://lyceum.ibiblio.org/
> http://blog.johnjosephbachir.org/
> aim/yim/msn/jabber.org/gtalk: johnjosephbachir
> 713-494-2704
> irc://irc.freenode.net/lyceum

Liu Xuefeng
  The Gradschool of Mathematics,