[Homestead] oil was:Political

Clansgian at wmconnect.com Clansgian at wmconnect.com
Tue Nov 14 17:57:51 EST 2006

> Actually, my father patented a process for doing this that is widely used,

Drew, there is no oil in oil shale to pump out.  It is in the form of a very
heavy, viscous substance, kerogen.  All the pumping in the universe does not
convert the kerogen into crude oil.  Only energy in the form of heat and
pressure does that.  The process of digging up the shale and retorting it has been
replaces by "In Situ Conversion Process" and this is the main process being
used by Dutch Royal Shell to extract oil for oil shale.  Your father is being
ripped off big time because Dutch Royal Shell claims to hold rights to the
proces.  They inject a very great amount of heat into and hydrogen into the ground
to crack the kerogen in the oil shale 'in situ'.  It is heavily polluting the
water in several areas and it requires a very tremendous amount of energy to
operate.

Americans are utterly brainwashed with the idea of "where there's a will,
there's  a way", after all, we put a man on the moon so we can make oil gush out
of rocks if we put our mind to it.