[freetds] Problems with FreeTDS and Lotus Domino on SLES10SP1

Nicole Hähnel ml at nicole-haehnel.de
Thu Nov 13 09:13:52 EST 2008

Hi,

we are trying to use unixODBC and FreeTDS 0.82 to read and write to
MSSQL 2005 databases.
The connection works and we can read and write data to the database
using LSX ODBC classes from LotusScript.
(Connection tested with dctest from Lotus Domino)

The first problem are datetime fields which were interpreted as
"undefined" fields in the Lotus Domino agent.
The only way to write date and time to this datetime fields in the
database is without the predefined LotusScript class "result.UpdateRow"
and with the normal sql UPDATE query.

The second problem are the german umlauts (ä,ö,ü). They were read as
ASCII 127 and can not be interpreted.

Are there any known solutions or experiences?
More infos needed?

Thanks!
Nicole

Our configs:

/etc/unixODBC/odbcinst.ini:
[FreeTDS]
Description     = v0.82
Driver          = /usr/local/freetds/lib/libtdsodbc.so
Driver64        =
Setup           =
Setup64         =
UsageCount      = 1