[freetds] return value of Stored procedure for MSSQL 2005 server

nitin sayare nitinsayare at gmail.com
Tue Sep 30 11:05:35 EDT 2008

On Tue, Sep 30, 2008 at 7:53 PM, James K. Lowden <jklowden at freetds.org>wrote:

> nitin sayare wrote:
> > when I am trying to retrieve the same for MSSQL 2005, I am getting the
> > metadata for all the parameters of stored procedure except for the
> > return value of the Stored procedure. [...]
> >
> > How can I retrieve the return value of the stored procedure (in
> > MSSQL 2005 ) using freetds 0.64 ?
>
> The answer might be to upgrade to 0.82 or to use TDS 7.0.
>
> Does src/odbc/unittests/rpc.c work correctly?  Please post its output.
>
> Could you post a TDSDUMP of the session that fails to return the metadata
> for the return status?
>
> --jkl

Hi,
     First of all, thans for your quick reply. I have used a work-around to
get the meta-dat of the stored procedure (in MSSQL 9.0) using free 0.62. I
have assumed the return value of the SP to be always integer and modified my
code accordingly (instead of depnding on the meta-data retrieved by
free-tds). and the trick works fine. It is giving me the proper return
values from the SP.

Thanks again
nitinsayare