[freetds] Can't reconnect, why?

Péter András Felvégi petschy at gmail.com
Thu May 17 06:17:00 EDT 2007

> > I connect to an mssql server successfully. Then, after some
> > time the connection breaks because of the ISP: read/write errors
> > (20004/20006). I detect this event, disconnect, then try to reconnect.
> > The reconnect always fails, no matter how long I try. If I kill the
> > process, and start my app again, the connect succeeds immediately.
>
> I claim to have solved timeouts in the current snapshot.  I think it's
> quite possible that this scenario is related.  If you would test it and
> let us know, that would be a great service.  If the current snapshot
> *doesn't* work correctly, please include a TDSDUMP log and I will fix it.

I'm terribly sorry, but I've made a stupid mistake in my code and the
password was cleared in disconnect(), so the reconnect attempt failed
obviously. Lately I've added error handling for the case when no
userdata is attached to the DBPROCESS, so the logs made it clear
what's going on.

Again, sorry for the noise.

Regards, Peter